alteractive
Welcome to Alteractive.

Thank you for agreeing to take part in my research project.

Please register and access the following link in Forums to the 'Research Questions.'

See 'About the research' for further information or visit:

http://activistresearch.wordpress.com/

Thanks

Roy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

alteractive
Welcome to Alteractive.

Thank you for agreeing to take part in my research project.

Please register and access the following link in Forums to the 'Research Questions.'

See 'About the research' for further information or visit:

http://activistresearch.wordpress.com/

Thanks

Roy
alteractive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your experience of online campaigning?

4 posters

Go down

Tell us about your experience of online campaigning?  Empty Tell us about your experience of online campaigning?

Post  Admin Sat 21 Jul - 22:34

This could be anything from sharing articles on Facebook to posting videos on YouTube about something important to you.

• What happened?

• How did you make sure you were heard?

• What worked well?

• What could have worked better?

• How did you change things?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your experience of online campaigning?  Empty Re: Tell us about your experience of online campaigning?

Post  puzzle Tue 31 Jul - 23:53

Personally I don't believe I have played an active role in any online activism, however I have witnessed a number of different campaigns, the most recent probably being KONY 2012.

puzzle

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your experience of online campaigning?  Empty KONY 2012

Post  Admin Wed 1 Aug - 0:00

What did you think about the KONY 2012 campaign?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your experience of online campaigning?  Empty Re: Tell us about your experience of online campaigning?

Post  puzzle Wed 1 Aug - 2:01

To be honest I don't really know what to make of it. The campaign itself shot to fame almost overnight with everyone I knew suddenly talking about 'KONY 2012' and sharing the video. Which shows how well online activism can take off and how quickly it can spread. But there was a lot on controversy surrounding the campaign itself and a lot of doubt was cast over the sincerity of the activists behind the cause. Which probably made the campaign slightly more famous but for the wrong reasons.

puzzle

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonJWilson Sat 4 Aug - 3:56

I tend to find myself highlighting things that outrage me, or think will be of huge significance to people around me. I guess the odd grumble at the state of things too might count. However anything that can be earthed to something very identifiable eg I shared a picture about the NHS following last week's Olympic Opening Ceremony ended up getting an incredibly good response. I guess it is also worth noting that as I am aiming to stand for a local political office I have updated my Facebook to let people know of this if that counts. Twitter seems to be my main forum as there is more direct contact with representatives, commentators and other politicals. I occasionally get replies from some people - been followed by some, and equally have found it a great way to sometimes antagonise some of those I disagree with. it also gives me a chance to sharpen my wits I believe (vain, I know!).

SimonJWilson

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your experience of online campaigning?  Empty Kony 2012

Post  Angry Fossil Wed 15 Aug - 4:39

puzzle wrote:To be honest I don't really know what to make of it. The campaign itself shot to fame almost overnight with everyone I knew suddenly talking about 'KONY 2012' and sharing the video. Which shows how well online activism can take off and how quickly it can spread. But there was a lot on controversy surrounding the campaign itself and a lot of doubt was cast over the sincerity of the activists behind the cause. Which probably made the campaign slightly more famous but for the wrong reasons.

Another reason was that there was a gap between the video and the event 'cover the night'. This meant the media stopped covering and it became less popular so people lost interest. An interesting video to look up is from a vlogger 'tyrannosauruslexxx' (video called: Cover the Night?), she explains the cause and others her perspective on why it was a success and a failure.

Angry Fossil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down